In connection with Prevention and prohibition of Ragging and ensure completely ragging free environment in the campus, Anti-Ragging Committee has been constituted for the academic year 2020-21, with the following faculty members. All the Committee members shall ensure that there shall be no incidence of ragging in the campus as well as in the Hostels.
|1||Dr. B. R. Patagundi||Chairman||9731568215||Principal|
|2||Dr. Ashok Hulagbali||Member||9480563550||First Year Coordinator|
|3||Police Inspector||Member||0831 2405251||Station Incharge, Malamaruti Police Station|
|4||Adv. S. S. Dharmatti||Member||9880511146||Advocate|
|5||Dr. Rajendra M. Galagali||Member||9945082054||HOD, Mech. Engg.|
|6||Dr. Supanna S. Shiraguppe||Member||9945967252||HOD, Electrical and Electronics Engg.|
|7||Dr. Jayashri M. Rudagi||Member||9902747781||HOD, Electronics and Communication Engg.|
|8||Dr. Basavprabu H.||Member||7767076988||HOD, Computer Science and Engg.|
|9||Dr.V.M.Devappa||Member||9448947566||Students Welfare officer|
|10||Dr. A. M Sangogi||Member||9632874583||FYC|
|11||Prof. Shrikant Atanikar||Member||9449474847||T & P Officer|
Aims & Objectives of the committee
A. Aims of the Committee:
"Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
1. Any conduct by any student either spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student;
2. Indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student;
3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student;
4. Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or fresher;
5. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
6. Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by students;
7. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person;
8. Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, post, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfort to fresher or any other student;
9. Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by a student over any fresher or any other student. "
B. Objectives of the Committee:
1. To prohibit any conduct by any student or students whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
2. Prohibiting students indulging in rowdy or indiscipline activities by any student or students which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other.
3. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course to do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the student.
4. To prevent students who intend for sadistic pleasure or showing off physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
5. To prevent students showing power, authority or superiority over any fresher or any other.
6. Punishing those who indulge in Ragging student.
Process to deal with Anti-Ragging issues for the academic year 2019-20:
1. Anti ragging committee boards has to be displayed along with the helpline number of the committee in major places in campus (admission cell, canteen, outside of Principal’s room etc.) and in hostels.
2. Faculty from the flying squad committee will take a round around the campus and hostel as assigned on daily basis for the first two months after the commencement of first year engineering and report on daily any unpleasant incidents either to the First Year Coordinator or Principal. Immediately a meeting of the Anti-ragging committee will be called to resolve the issue.
3. Faculty from the flying squad committee will take around the campus and hostel every alternate day till the end of first semester examination and report untoward incidents if any as suggested in point two.
4. Flying squad will continue to do the visit at random till the end of first year.
5. Respective HODs will be requested to address the senior students of their department before the commencement of first year classes about the consequences of ragging if found guilty.
6. Meeting will be called as when required to resolve the issue.
Flow chart for Anti-Ragging issues
Every student (s) are hereby made aware of the process which they have to follow if any of them faces any problem regarding ragging. The procedure that has to be followed when any raging related issue will be occured:
Responsibilities of the Anti-Ragging committee
• Anti-Ragging committee will be monitoring the Flying Squad and will give advice to handle any issue.
• The functions of Anti-Ragging committee will be to keep a an eye and stop the incidences of Ragging, if any, happening / reported in the places of Student aggregation including, Classrooms, Canteens, Buses, Grounds, Hostels etc.
• The members of the committee will also educate the students about various meanings of Ragging and also will make them understand about the punishments related to the offence there.
• Some positive reinforcement activities will be organized by the committee members for orienting students and molding their personality for a better cause. They shall work in Consonance and Guidance of Anti Ragging Committee.
1. VTU e-learning Resource Center - http://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
2. NPTEL- https://nptel.ac.in/resources.html
3. NPTEL Online Videos, Courses, IIT Video Lectures - http://www.nptelvideos.in/
4. Swayam -Free Online Education - https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
5. MITOPEN COURSEWARE - https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
6. Virtual Labs: An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT - http://www.vlab.co.in/broad-area-electronics-and-communications
7. IIT Bombay Virtual Lab- http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Virtual Lab – https://vlab.amrita.edu/
9. IIT Kanpur- Virtual Labs - https://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php