- Vision, Mission & PEO
- News Letter
- Non-teaching staffs
- Time Table
- Information to Students/Parents
- Civil Consultancy Services
- Toppers Posters
- Webinars Conducted
- Industry Interaction
- Alumni details
- Best Practices
OVERVIEW OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
The Civil Engineering Department is started in the year 2010-11 with an intake of 60 students and later the intake is upgraded to 120 in the year 2014-15, similarly in the same year post graduate course in Structural Engineering started and now department has research center in civil engineering affiliated to VTU. A total of 24 experienced faculty members, support four core specializations (Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Transportation Engineering) in the department.
UG students are encouraged to take up interdisciplinary projects in various domains and students are placed in reputed companies and various consultancy firms.
"To Produce Civil Engineers to Meet Industrial and Societal Requirements with strong commitment to Professional and Ethical Values".
Mission 1: To Produce Civil Engineers with sound technical knowledge and skills by enhancing the students competency.
Mission 2: Build Industry-Institute interaction to address societal problems.
Mission 3: To inculcate ethical and social responsibilities to be successful Civil Engineers.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO):
PEO1: To enable the graduates to develop technical skills to stay abreast with infrastructural development.
PEO2: To enable the graduates to possess professional quality and capability to accomplish higher studies/employment.
PEO3: To enable the graduates to promote innovative projects which address societal problems in sustainable manner.
Programme Specific Outcomes(PSOs):
PSO1: To implement relevant codes of practice, materials & latest techniques for Civil Engineering services.
PSO2: To Develop the Capability to analyze & design various structures by using Civil Engineering software.
PSO3: To impart management principles for working effectively as a member/leader in different fields of Civil Engineering.
Teaching Faculty of Civil Dept
Non-teaching staff details
|1||Mr. Suresh G. Jadhav||Instructor||SSLC|
|2||Mr. Vijay B. Mathapati||Instructor||M.Sc, (External). B,Ed|
|3||Mr. Jyotiba D. Halagekar||Instructor||Diploma in Civil Engg.|
|4||Mr. Madhu G.Paravainavar||Instructor||ITI|
|5||Ms.Nikita S. Padasalgi||Instructor||Diploma in Civil Engg.|
|6||Mr. Manjunath Mulimani||Attender||SSLC|
|7||Mrs. Rohini Kangarlkar||Attender||SSLC|
|8||Ms.Renuka Patrut||Forewoman||Diploma (Civil Engineering)|
Why Civil Engineering in SGBIT..?
Civil engineering is a professional engineering discipline that deals with the design, construction and maintenance of various structures including public works such as roads, bridges, canals, dams, airports, railways, sewerage systems, pipelines, structural components of buildings etc.
- It provides more than technical training and teaches sophisticated skills of analysis & problem-solving that apply to any type of engineering, business ventures, manufacturing, management, or even legal practice.
- The programs nurture you to meet the global competency in industry and academics.
- The state of art curriculum promotes independent thinking and learning at an individual's pace.
The main scope of civil engineering or the task of civil engineering is planning, designing, estimating, supervising construction, managing construction, execution, and maintenance of structures like building, roads, bridges, dams, etc. One who designs and maintains works of public utility is known as civil engineer. Civil engineer should have qualities like scientific attitude, imaginative and intuitive approach, He should have good analysis and decision power. He should be able to solve engineering problems, by using mathematical modeling, scientific principles and laboratory techniques using computer and information technology. He should be able to use operation research techniques for solution of management problems.
Civil Engineering is a wide field and includes many types of structures such as residential buildings, public buildings, industrial buildings, roads, bridges, tunnels, railways, dams, canal and canal structures, airports, harbours, and ports, water treatment plants, waste water treatment plant, water supply networks, and drainage networks.
Branches of Civil Engineering
- Surveying & leveling
- Building, Planning and construction
- Advanced Construction Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Town Planning
Civil Consultancy Services
I. ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Objectives & Scope:
- Surface & Ground water quality analysis
- Waste water quality analysis
- Soil Quality Analysis
II. ULTRATECH CEMENT
Objectives & Scope:
- Practical exposure through filed/ site visits.
- Conducting Workshops and seminars on latest advancement in concrete technology
- Guest lectures on various recent trends in Construction Industry
III. DEPARTMENT OF GEOLOGY, G.S.Sc COLLEGE BELAGAVI
Objectives & Scope:
- Collaborative research by sharing knowledge and laboratory.
- Conducting workshops/ seminars/ group discussions/ crash courses/ bridge course/ site visits etc.
- Guiding research and publishing the data.
- Upgradation of knowledge and technology development.
|#||Alumni Name||Batch||Job Role||Photo|
|1|| Balesh Poni
Survey Settlement and Land Records
|2|| Miss. Smita Lad
|2012-2016||Assistant Engineer Indian Hume Pipe
|3|| Rohit Shinge
|2012-2016||Assistant Engineer Dynasoure Concrete
|4|| Amar Tamadaddi
|2012-2016||Owner at Amar Tamadaddi Constructions
|5|| Chatira Jadhav
|6|| Anushri javali
|7|| Christopher Francis
AEQUS Sez Pvt.Ltd,Belagavi
|8|| Giridhar B Goundwadkar
Patil Associates & Developers Belagavi
|9|| Mr. Akash Ashtekar
|2015-2019||Architect / Builders / Consulting
- Software training for lower semester students
- Industrial site visits, inculcating practical knowledge to the students
- Five minutes meditation during starting of 1st hour of everyday class
- Consultancy problems are assigned to the students to bridge the gap between theory and practices
- Expert talks, guest lectures, seminars and workshops are being organized
- Awarding gold medal every year to the topper of 5th sem. to 8th sem. students
- Awarding class toppers every year
- Carrying out mini-projects
1. VTU e-learning Resource Center - http://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
2. NPTEL- https://nptel.ac.in/resources.html
3. NPTEL Online Videos, Courses, IIT Video Lectures - http://www.nptelvideos.in/
4. Swayam -Free Online Education - https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
5. MITOPEN COURSEWARE - https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
6. Virtual Labs: An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT - http://www.vlab.co.in/broad-area-electronics-and-communications
7. IIT Bombay Virtual Lab- http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Virtual Lab – https://vlab.amrita.edu/
9. IIT Kanpur- Virtual Labs - https://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php