The Indian Red Cross's programmes are grouped into four main core areas: Promoting humanitarian principles and values; Disaster response; Disaster preparedness; and Health and Care in the Community.
The Red Cross is an international organization that helps people who are suffering, for example as a result of war, floods, or disease.
1. Reduce the number of injuries, impact from disasters and public health emergencies.
2. Promote Humanitarian principles and values.
|#||Name||Department||Designation||E-mail id||Contact Number|
|4||Shrivatsav||Electrical and Electronics||Memberemail@example.com||7022805617|
|5||Vinayak H||Electronics & Communication||Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||9739459816|
|6||Shaheen Mujawar||Computer science||Member||Shahu1985@gmail.com||7411110923|
|1||Darshan K||Civil||Student Co-ordinator||6th||9481559105|
|3||Tesjaswini Kittur||Civil||Student Co-ordinator||8th||9108469525|
1. Blood Donation Camp
Under the banner of N.S.S. and Red Cross SGBIT in Association with Blood bank of K.L.E. Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and Medical research centre and H.D.F.C Bank , A one day Blood Donation Camp was organized on 27th November 2019.
His Holiness Poojya Dr. Allamaprabhu Mahaswamiji inaugurated the Blood donation camp and emphasized over the importance of blood donation in his ashirvachana.
And Principal Dr. Sidaramappa V. Itti welcomed the gathering and motivated the students to donate blood by describing the relationship between the two streams i.e Medicine and Engineering and their dependence on each other.
The chief guests Dr. S.V. Virgi addressed the gathering about the importance of blood donation and explains abut the advancement of the technology and research in blood donation. He also stated about that students play a vital role in such blood donation camps.
The event was able to collect 60 units of blood. The event was hosted by Mr. Cijin Thomas Cheriyan a student of Mechanical Department.
2. Red Cross Day
Red cross day was celebrated on 8th May 2020, As it was to be conducted during lockdown period, the following poster was posted in social media and whatsapp groups.
3. COVID 19 Awareness Quiz
Red Cross with SGBIT social media conducted online quiz “COVID 19 Awareness quiz” 12 multipule choice question were uploaded, in which e-certificate were distribured for more than 2000 participants.
Link for the quiz is as below:
Following Certificates were distributed to the participants.
4. Distribution of Masks and Sanitizers
Distribution of mask and sanitizers received from BJP head office was carried out in the presence of Civil Department HOD and NSS Co-ordinator on 20th May 2020 in association with Red Cross to the sweepers of SGBIT.
5. Webinar on “Personality Development”
NSS cell and Red Cross Cell has organised a Webinar on “Personality Development” scheduled on 22ndMay at 7:00pm. The Keynote speaker being Mr. Anil G P, Senior Manger- Foreign Exchange, Corporation bank- Pune. Altogether 146 participants have registered for the event.
Students Involvement during Lockdown
Tejaswini Kittur of 8th sem Civil Department donating food grains to Class D workers and Asha Workers and also greeted them by showering flowers at district hospital Vijayapura on 9th May 2020.
K.R.Mayan 6th sem student distributing food, water bottles and juice to the people travelling by pathway from one place to another due to complete lockdown at Hospet.
1. VTU e-learning Resource Center - http://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
2. NPTEL- https://nptel.ac.in/resources.html
3. NPTEL Online Videos, Courses, IIT Video Lectures - http://www.nptelvideos.in/
4. Swayam -Free Online Education - https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
5. MITOPEN COURSEWARE - https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
6. Virtual Labs: An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT - http://www.vlab.co.in/broad-area-electronics-and-communications
7. IIT Bombay Virtual Lab- http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Virtual Lab – https://vlab.amrita.edu/
9. IIT Kanpur- Virtual Labs - https://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php