- Vision, Mission & PEO
- News Letter
- Technical Staff
- Time Table
- Best Practices
- Add-On Courses
- Industry Interaction and Consultancy
Overview Of Computer Science & Engineering Department
The Computer Science Engineering Department was started in the year 2008 and now conducts one undergraduate program and Ph.D program with affiliation to VTU. The department is striving hard to make the unique spirit of SGBIT, an Institution with a difference by promoting excellence in Teaching, Research and Services covering the fundamentals as well as applied aspects of Computer Science and IT. A total of 11 experienced faculty members, support four core specializations .Being a forerunner in the field of technology, the department envisages evolving as a center of excellence to adapt itself to the rapid advancements in various specialized fields. Computer Science and Engineering continues to be the driving force of the nation's economy in the fields of science and technology. We in the CSE department, at SGBIt, are very excited to be part of this information revolution.
UG students are encouraged to take up interdisciplinary research in various domains and students are placed in reputed companies like IBM, TCS, Infosys, Robert Bosch, Mind Tree. The programs offered by the department are the most sought after ones by Common Entrance Test (conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority) top rank holders and other aspirants from across the country. All the three programs are outcome based, structured to meet the needs of Industry and Research. The program contents are upgraded with the involvement of industry and reputed research institutions.
"To strive for excellence in imparting knowledge of Computer Science and Engineering to produce IT professionals committed to human values".
Mission 1: Impart quality education in cutting edge technologies to achieve excellence in computer science and engineering to solve real-world problems.
Mission 2: Imbibe human values and ethical responsibilities in professional endeavors.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO):
PEO1: To prepare graduates to be successful in IT enabled professional career, higher studies and research by providing contextually relevant academic environment.
PEO2: To prepare graduates to be independent and adapt to the changing technologies by inculcating life-long learning ability, leadership qualities, and entrepreneurial skills.
PEO3: To prepare graduates to be committed citizens with social, ethical, and professional concerns.
Programme Specific Outcomes(PSOs):
PSO1: To analyze and resolve the engineering problems related to Artificial Intelligence, Big Data analytics and Mobile Application for efficient design of computer based system of varying complexity.
PSO2: To design ,develop and arrive with optimal solution for complex computer science engineering problems with synthesized optimal hardware and software .
PSO3: To apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge of computer science and engineering to resolve societal, health, safety and environmental problems.
Teaching Faculty of Computer Science & Engineering Department
Non-Teaching Staff of Computer Science & Engineering Department
|1||Mr. Pramod S. Alappanavar||System Analyst||MCA|
|2||Mr. Rajesh Shegavi||Foreman||Diploma|
|3||Ms. Hemalata H||Lab Instructor||Diploma|
|4||Mr. Manjunath S||Lab Instructor||Diploma|
|5||Mr. Rajashekar Mathapati||Lab Instructor||B. Sc.|
|6||Mr. Ishwar P||Attender||PUC|
|7||Mrs. Veenita Kadam||Attender||SSLC|
- Meditation during first hour class.
- Financial assistance to students for their Paper presentation, Project, and sports etc. participations
- Financial and Leave supports to the staffs for participating in FDP, Workshop, and Conference etc.
- Incentives for the staffs to encourage in-house ERP software development
- Gold medal and awards for student batch topper and first year topper respectively.
- Mentoring process and Class-Pe-Charcha .
- Parents and Alumni meet
- Open day to students and parents for IA marks verifications
- Identifications and handling of critical subjects.
- Whatsapp groups for quick communication with staff’s, student’s, alumni’s, and parent’s
- Students Subgroups/ Clubs for the students of same interest and choice
- Online grievance interface
- Suggestion box and First Aid Box.
Add-on courses List
|1||Dr. Dinesha H. A.||Machine Learning and Cyber Security|
|2||Prof. Shaheen M.|
|3||Prof. Shivanand Pujar|
|4||Prof. B. S. Halkarnimath||Data Mining and Big Data Analytics|
|6||Prof. Shreekanth A.|
|7||Prof. Chitrashree K.||Python Applications/IoT|
|8||Prof. Kangana W. M.|
|9||Prof. Jaya M.P|
|1||Northern Soft Pvt Ltd|
|3|| Innologiq Llp,
|4|| Shreshta IT technologies,
|5|| Cubic Code,
|6|| Innostem Edunce Edlabs Private Limited,
|8|| Pebble software,
|9|| Padmajeet Infotech,
|10|| Vihaansudhan Technologies,
|#||STUDENT NAME||YEAR OF PASSING||DESIGNATION||ORGANIZATION||Photos|
|1||Amogh Varahmurty||2013||Senior Software Engineer||Nagra Kudelski Pvt Ltd|
|2||Veeresh Pattar||2013||Software engineer||ORIANT Solution Pvt Ltd|
|3||Abhinandan Chandrakant Nasalapure||2015||Software engineer||Tata consultancy services
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
|4||Safiul Hassan||2015||as Senior Engineer.||ETISALAT UAE|
|5||Satyamoorti Ganapati Gaonkar||2017||Senior Programmer||Unikaihatsu Softwares Private Limited Bangalore|
|6||Sandeep Chavan||2018||CEO||Techify India, Belagavi|
|7||Shivashankar Shindigeri||2016||IT Specialist DevOps||DXC Tehnologies, Banglore|
|8||Jyoti Totagi||2019||Engineer||Wipro Limited|
|9||Pooja S Hirekodi||2018||Engineer||Tata Elxsi Bangalore|
|10||Rohit Balekundri||2015||Engineer||Capgemini Bangalore|
|11||Sushmita S Mallannavar||2018||Production Software Engineer||IT in Healthcare solutions|
|12||Pooja Awati||2017||Product Analyst||Snapbizz Cloudtech Pvt Ltd,|
|13||Vardhaman Appasab Boraganve||2019||System Engineer||INFOSYS|
|14||Pradeep Kumar Nooli||2019||Software engineer||Mantis Technology Pvt ltd.|
|15||Snehal P Chougale||2018||Software analyst||Cognizant|
|16||Chetana M Yannikoppa||2018||Final checker (data analyst)||Anmerkung solutions private limited|
|17||Karishma Naik||2019||System Engineer||Wipro Technologies
1. VTU e-learning Resource Center - http://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
2. NPTEL- https://nptel.ac.in/resources.html
3. NPTEL Online Videos, Courses, IIT Video Lectures - http://www.nptelvideos.in/
4. Swayam -Free Online Education - https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
5. MITOPEN COURSEWARE - https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
6. Virtual Labs: An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT - http://www.vlab.co.in/broad-area-electronics-and-communications
7. IIT Bombay Virtual Lab- http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Virtual Lab – https://vlab.amrita.edu/
9. IIT Kanpur- Virtual Labs - https://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php