- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
M. tech 3rd sem students visit to RoB Near 3rd Gate Belagavi
7th sem students visit to Kinaye dam Belagavi
4th sem students Geology visit - Ajanta and Ellora caves
4th sem students Visit to Hidkal dam
Student of 3rd Semester at A.P.J.Abdul Kalam Geology Museum
Students of 5th sem Site visit near Kolhapur circle, Belagavi
Students of 7th sem site visit to Kapeel Founders, Navage site Belagavi
8th sem Students Site Visit to Belagavi Central Bus stand under Construction
6th sem Students observing the process of melting the metal and preparing sections
3rd sem students visit to APJ Abdul Kalam Geology museum at GSSc college, Belagavi
4th sem students visit to old Restored building
Computer Science & Engineering
1. Industrial Visit to Almatti Power Generation Computer Centre
The department of Computer Science and Engineering had arranged this industrial visit as a part of the academic requirement BE(CSE) course, on 10/11/2017 to Almatti Power Generation Computer Centre.
TThe Almatti Dam is a major hydroelectric irrigation project on the Krishna River, which was completed in July 2005.The power station uses vertical Kaplan turbines: five 55MW generators and one 15MW generator.
We were taken inside the computer centre of the power station. The control unit from where all the generating units are taken control of, was shown and explained in detail. We were taught about the actual way in which power is generated. Many of the points were first explained theoretically with the help of animated videos. Later, we were taken inside the generation unit to get a clearer knowledge of the same. The machines have been so efficiently used that there are very few men working in the power station.
We were assisted by lecturers, who helped us understand the things better by clearing all our doubts.
2. Industry Visit to DRDO (DIAT) Pune, Maharastra
SGBIT CSE students visited DRDO (DIAT), PUNE Data Center to get exposure on Defense IT Technologies:
SGBIT, Department of Computer Science and Engineering students and staffs of have visited DRDO (DIAT), Pune, Data center on 28-02-2020. The purpose of the visit was to get exposure on defense IT technologies and computer science applications in defense IT infrastructure. In their visit and full day interaction, students and staffs were gained the practical knowledge on many advanced technologies and its practical implementations in Defense IT infrastructure maintained by Data Center, DIAT. Advanced Technologies such as Cyber security, Digital forensic, Server Virtualization, UTM, Virtual Classrooms, Servers and Storages etc. had demonstrated from Data center operation team. Many theoretical concepts and advanced technologies importance and its applications were understood during the interaction.
Electronics & Communication Engineering
The students of IV sem (A & B Div) Visited Supa Dam Uttar Kannada, Karnataka on 20th March, 2019. The Dam is built across Kalinadi. It has a gross storage capacity of 4178 Mcum and a live storage of 4115.25 Mcum of water. It is designed having two generators of 55 MVA and has a generator voltage of 11KV. The entire generator output accounts for 100 MW of electricity with 2916 Terminal Amp/unit and a line voltage of 110 KV. They generate about 542 Million Units annually. The output four lines of the grid are distributed between the substations at Ponda and Ambewadi equally. It is a concrete gravity dam with a height of 101 m and length of 332 m with 3 radial gates of 15m x 10m dimension and has vertical Francis turbines with a design head of 72 m.
Supa dam and Power Station, Uttar Kannada
Students at Power generation station
The students were accompanied by Prof. Harsha H. K., Prof. Kiran N. with supporting staff members Ms. Madhavi & Ms.Kalpana.
The students of VII sem (A & B Div) visited Kaiga Atomic Power Station, Uttar Kannada, Karnataka on 4th November, 2017. The power station has four units. All the four units are small-sized CANDU plants of 220 MW. Kaiga Atomic Power Station is the first indigenously developed nuclear plant and third largest among all plants in India. The plant provides power to five states(Karnataka, Andrapradesh, Telangana, Tamilnadu and Kerala).
Kaiga Atomic Power Station, Uttar Kannada, Karnataka
The students were accompanied by Prof. Mahadevappa M. and Prof. Anand Reddy with supporting staff members Ms. Madhavi H. and Mr. Sidram B.
The students of III semester (A & B Div) Visited SVT industry Belagavi on 29th November 2019. SVT is most trusted name in the business of manufacturing Transformers. The students were accompanied by Prof. Jagadish Jakati and Prof. Veena P.
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- An Industrial visit was arranged to Solar PV Power Plant, Bagmane Green power LLP, Hirekudi, Chikkodi Taluk, Belagavi for 4th semester students of Electrical & Electronics Engineering Department on Saturday, 29th February 2020.
- 32 Number of Students attended the visit. Prof. Shrivatsav Madabal coordinated the visit and Ms. Shruti Kurbar accompanied the visit.
- Site Engineer Mr. Chetan Hajare, gave a brief explanation of the solar power plant.
- From generation to transmission, function of equipment’s, technical details, advantages of SCADA and many more information was provided by him.
1. Industrial Visit to Women’s ITI, Udyambhag, Belagavi on 13/01/21
2. Industrial Visit to Techno system, Belagavi on 14/11/19
3. Industrial Visit to AKP Foundries Belagavi on 14/11/19
4. Industrial Visit to M/s Amijeet Founders, Belagavi on 24/08/18
5. Industrial Visit to Ashok Iron Works (CHBMD Division), Belagavi on 27/8/18
6. Industrial Visit to M/s Amijeet Founders, Belagavi on 27/10/17 and 30/10/17
7. Industrial Visit to Jayhind Engineering and Ashok Iron Works (CBMD Division) on 3/11/2017
8. Industrial Visit to Master Precision And Master Finish Udyambag, Belagavi on 18/4/2017
9. Industrial Visit To JINABAKUL FORGE PVT. LTD Belagavi on 18/5/2017
10. Industry Visit To Rudra 3d Creations on 06/08/2016
11. Industrial Visit To Jindal Steel Works(JSW) Torangalu Bellary On 7/11/2016.
12. Industrial Visit To Jindal Steel Works(Jsw) Torangalu Bellary On 22/2/16 And 23/2/2016
1. VTU e-learning Resource Center - http://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
2. NPTEL- https://nptel.ac.in/resources.html
3. NPTEL Online Videos, Courses, IIT Video Lectures - http://www.nptelvideos.in/
4. Swayam -Free Online Education - https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
5. MITOPEN COURSEWARE - https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
6. Virtual Labs: An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT - http://www.vlab.co.in/broad-area-electronics-and-communications
7. IIT Bombay Virtual Lab- http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Virtual Lab – https://vlab.amrita.edu/
9. IIT Kanpur- Virtual Labs - https://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php