The Library and Information Centre of SGBIT was inaugurated on 07th December 2009 by the Trustees of SGBIT in the benign presence of Poojya Shri Jangadguru Shivaratri Deshikendra Mahaswamiji, Poojya Shri Jagadguru Dr.Tontad Siddaling Mahaswamiji and president of S. S. Education Trust’s Poojya. Dr. Siddharama Swamiji of Rudrakshimath Naganur Belagavi.
The library with its modern collection of knowledge resources and innovative information services fills an essential role for students and faculty in their intellectual pursuits. It serves as a resource centre and aims to help in Teaching, Learning and Research. The major objective of Library is to provide authentic information to the user at the right time.
The building has a carpet area of 690.78 Sq.mt. with 225 seating capacity. Currently the Library holds over more than 35000 volumes with more than 3700 titles, 60 print journals/Magazines, more than 20,000 eBooks and provides access to more than 5000+ international e- journals and 530, 000 IEEE conference papers, newspapers and magazines which are updated regularly. The Library is automated by using Koha Library Management software (open Source) for effective management, and also has the Institutional membership of VTU Consortium, DELNET and NDLI.
- Library Spread Over Two Floor
- Stack Area
- Reference Section
- Periodicals, Newspaper and Magazine Section
- Reading Hall
- State of the Art Digital Library
- Adobe Digital Center of Excellence
- Video Conference Room
- Online Classroom with Recording Facility (e-shikshana)
- Students Discussion Rooms
- Faculty Discussion Room
- Books and Stationary Shop
- Coffee and Tea Point
|International Journals ( e-Journals)||12000+
5,30,000 IEEE conference papers
- Identity card should be shown at the checkpoint.
- Leave your bags, handbags and personal belongings at the depository/property counter.
- Students are prohibited from carrying any notebook inside the reference section except loose sheets.
- No person shall write on, damage or make any mark on any book, journal or other material belonging to the library.
- Books should be handled with great care and damage of books in any manner will be heavily fined.
- Students can retain the books for two weeks only, after which a fine of Rs.1/- Per book per day (Rs.2/- after 15 days) will be charged.
- Students can borrow three books, 2cds, 2 Periodicals at a time.
- Renewals are allowed only when there is no claim by others. No phone renewal will be entertained.
- A borrowed book if recalled by the Librarian must be returned immediately.
- Online reservation can be done for a book, which is already lent out. Reserved books are kept separately in circulation counter for two days for each member.
- Maintain a Queue at the circulation counter.
- Wearing ID-Card is compulsory.
- Usage of mobile phone is prohibited. Services1
- Circulation Service
- Reference Service
- Online Reservation
- Institutional Repository
- Reprographic Service
- Document Scanning
- Document Printing
- Inter Library Loan
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog)
- Overnight Circulation
- E-mail Reminder
- SMS Alert
- Online Lecture
- Organising Book Exhibition
- News Paper Clippings
- Similarity or Plagiarism Checking Service (Turnitin) Best Practices
- Automation of Library using Koha Library Management software
- 24/7 Reading Room
- Individual Cubicles to access E-Resources
- Extended library opening hours as per students requirements
- Displaying Newspaper Clippings on Notice Board
- News paper clipping file
- Displaying New Arrivals
- Library Orientation Program
- Library feed back
Elsevier (E-journals & e-Books)
Taylor & Francis (E-Books)
Taylor & Francis (E-Journals)
Springer Nature (E-Journals & E-Books)
Institution of Civil Engineers ( ICE ) (E-Journals & Conference Proceedings)
Knimbus Digital Library (Search Platform, App, Remote Access)
McGraw Hill Education (E-Books)
McGraw Hill Education
Taylor & Francis
New Age International
RESOURCE SEARCH PLATFORM
MAPMy Access ( search platform, Remote Access)
Netanalytiks (Writing Tool)
OPEN ACCESS RESOURCES
New Age Publishers
Netanalytiks (Writing Tool)
Turnitin (Similarity Check)
Name & E-mail Id
Role in the Committee
|1||Mrs. Nalini Ambli
|2||Prof. Shilaja Mali
|Lib. Coordinator||Basic Science||8147222156|
|3||Prof. Suprit Malagi
|4||Prof. Megha Karabashetti
|Lib. Coordinator||E & C||9686847225|
|5||Prof. Arpita Patil||Lib. Coordinator||CS||9731996442|