Dr. Karuna C Gull
- Department: Computer Science & Engineering
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Phone: 9480738340
- Teaching Experience: 18 Years
- Industry Experience: 2.0 Years
- Research Experience: NIL
|B.E.||Electronics and Communication||K.L.E Society’s College of Engineering and Technology, Belgaum||Karnataka University, Dharwad|
|M.Tech.||Computer Science and Engineering||K.L.S Gogte Institute of Technology, Belgaum||Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum|
|Ph.D.||Computer Science and Engineering||Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut||Chaudhary Charan Singh University, Meerut|
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Member: Computer Society of India (CSI)
Life Member: The Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE)
Life Member : International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
No Research Details Found.
No Awards Details Found.
Grants Received Research/Projects Guided (Beyond Academic)
No Grants Details Found.
No. of International Journals Publications:24
Research Papers in refereed international journals:
1. Kanakaraddi S.G., Gull K.C., Bali J., Chikaraddi A.K., Giraddi S. (2021) Disease Prediction Using Data Mining and Machine Learning Techniques. In: Roy S., Goyal L.M., Mittal M. (eds) Advanced Prognostic Predictive Modelling in Healthcare Data Analytics. Lecture Notes on Data Engineering and Communications Technologies, vol 64. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-16-0538-3_4
2. Karuna Gull, Sudip Padhye, Dr. Subodh Jain, (2017), “Automated Identification of Latent Attributes of Twitter users”, International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS). Volume 6, Issue 3, May- June 2017, pp 395-403, ISSN 2278-6856. Available: http://www.ijettcs.org/Volume6Issue3/ IJETTCS-2017-06-23-95.pdf, (UCG-48939)
3. Karuna Gull, Sudip Padhye, Dr. Sandeep Sharma, Dr. Subodh Jain, (2017), “A Comparative Analysis of Lexical/NLP Method with WEKA’s Bayes Classifier”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication (IJRITCC), Volume: 5 Issue: 2, February 2017, pp. 221 – 227 ISSN: 2321-8169. Available: https://ijritcc.org/index.php/ijritcc/article/view/203/203 (UGC- 49222 Before July 2017)
4. Mr. Kiran B. Malagi, Karuna C. Gull, Dr. Rajasekaran C., Dr. P. K. Agarwal (2017), "Glimpse on Methods of Finding: A survey", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org | UGC and issn Approved), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol. 4, Issue 3, page no. pp309-313, March-2017, Available: http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR1703060.pdf (UCG-63975)
5. Karuna C. Gull, Dr. Rajasekaran C, Seema C. G, Suvarna G Kanakaraddi (2016), "Analytical and Technical Survey on Social Networking Sites ", IJRAR - International Journal of Research and Analytical Reviews (IJRAR), E-ISSN 2348-1269, P- ISSN 2349-5138, Volume.3, Issue 2, Page No pp.649-653, May-2016, Available at : http://www.ijrar.org/papers/IJRAR19D1239.pdf (UGC-43602)
6. Akshata B. A, Mouneshappa D, Karuna C. G (2015), “An Approach towards Real Time Customer Attitude Analysis using MLTechnique – Twitter”, International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology (IJISET ), Vol. 2 Issue 7, July 2015, pp. 508-515. ISSN 2348 – 7968. (UGC-4798 & 48287)
7. Akshata B. Angadi, Karuna Gull (2014), “Framework for Opinion Access Service To Make Smart Business Decisions – Twitter as a Case Study”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science (IJARCS), Volume 5, No. 7, September-October 2014. pp.187-192. ISSN: 0976-5697 (UGC-2503)
8. Shwetha Bhat, Karuna Gull, Akshata Angadi, (2013) “Framework for Identifying Influential User in Online Social Networking Site” International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology (IJLTET). Special Issue – IDEAS-2013. Pp.97-106 ISSN: 2278-621X. (UGC-63199)
9. Kiran B. Malagi, Akshata Angadi, Karuna Gull, (2013) “A Survey on Security Issues and Concerns to Social Networks”, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 2, Issue 5, May, 2013. pp. 256-265. ISSN: 2319-7064. http://www.researcherid.com/rid/K-8199-2013
10. Karuna Gull, Akshata B. Angadi, Dr. Santosh kumar Gandhi, Santoshkumar B. Shali, (2013) “Tracing High Quality Content In Social Media For Modeling & Predicting The Flow Of Information – A Case Study On Facebook”, International Journal of Emerging Trends & Technology in Computer Science (IJETTCS), Volume 2, Issue 2, March–April, 2013, pp.339-347. ISSN: 2278-6856. Available: http://www.ijettcs.org/Volume2Issue2/IJETTCS-2013-04-23-141.pdf or http://www.researcherid.com/rid/O-2823-2015. (UCG-48939)
11. Karuna C. Gull, Dr. Santosh kumar Gandhi, Santoshkumar B. Shali, (2013) “Application of Datamining Technique in Social Networking Sites: Facebook as a Case”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science (IJARCS), Volume 4, No. 2, Jan-Feb, 2013. pp.320-326. ISSN: 0976-5697. (UGC-2503)
12. Karuna C.Gull, Akshata B. Angadi, Kiran B. Malagi, (2012) “Framework for Analysis of Dynamic Social Networks Evolution”, An International Journal of Engineering And Science (IJES), Volume 1, Issue 2, Dec, 2012, Pages 260-268. ISSN(e): 2319 – 1813 ISSN(p): 2319-1805.
13. Karuna C. Gull, Padmashri Desai, Akshata B. Angadi, (2012) “Theoretical Concepts of Social Networks and Group Formation: A Survey”. International Journal of Engineering Innovation & Research (IJEIR), Volume 1, Issue 6, Nov-Dec, 2012. pp.577-583. ISSN: 2277-5668.
Papers in international journals:
1. Kiran B. Malagi, Karuna C. Gull, Veena M (2020), “Framework for preparation of quality question paper”, Science, Technology and Development Multidisciplinary Journal (http://www.journalstd.com/) ISSN : 0950-0707, Vol.9, Issue 5, Pp.185-192, May-2020, DOI:20.18001.STD.2020.V9I5.20.33822 Available: http://journalstd.com/gallery/23-may2020asdf.pdf (UGC-33806)
2. Karuna Gull, Ravi Hosamani, Susen Naik (2020),"Innovative Teaching to Improve the Learning Process: An Experience", International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (www.jetir.org), ISSN:2349-5162, Vol.7, Issue 2, pp. 1031-1036, February-2020, Available: http://www.jetir.org/papers/JETIR2002147.pdf (UCG-63975)
3. Varshini Kadoli, Chetan Sagarnal, Karuna Gull (2019),“Smart Refrigerator”, IOSR Journal of Engineering (IOSRJEN), Volume 2, Special Issue, February 2019, PP 13-21 ISSN (e): 2250-3021, ISSN (p): 2278-8719 Available Online at www.iosrjen.org or http://iosrjen.org/pages/19017-2019-Volume-2.html
4. Jaya S. Pujar, Satish Hakkali , Akshata B. A, Karuna C.G. (2016), “Introducing Quagga Test Bed Simulator with QoS Feature”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science (IJARCS), Volume 7, Issue 1, January-February 2016. pp. 76-82, ISSN No. 0976-5697, Available Online at www.ijarcs.info.
5. Kiran B. Malagi, Jaya S. Pujar, Karuna C. Gull, Akshata B. Angadi, (2014), “A Systematic Hybrid Approach in building an Effective Answer Retrieval System”, ARPN Journal of Systems and Software, Volume - 4, Issue- 6, December 2014, pp.136-142, ISSN 2222-9833.
6. Akshata Angadi, Karuna C. Gull, Padmashri Desai (2013), “Extracting Accurate Data from Multiple Conflicting Information on Web Sources”, International Journal of Communication Network Security, Volume-2, Issue-2, 2013, pp.70-75. ISSN: 2231 – 1882.
7. Abhinay B. Angadi, Akshata B. Angadi, Karuna C. Gull, (2013) “Growth of New Databases & Analysis of NOSQL Data-stores”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering (IJARCSSE) Volume 3, Issue 6, June, 2013. pp. 1306-1319. ISSN: 2277-128X.
8. Abhinay B. Angadi, Akshata B. Angadi, Karuna C. Gull, (2013) “Security Issues with Possible Solutions in Cloud Computing-A Survey”, International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering & Technology (IJARCET) Volume 2, Issue 2, February, 2013. pp.652-661. ISSN: 2278-1323.
9. Padmashree Desai, Karuna C. Gull, (2011) “Human Computer Interaction: By Vision”, International Journal of Information and Technology and Information Engineering (IJITIE), Volume 1, Issue 1, Jan-Mar, 2011, pp. 31-36. ISSN: 0974-4959.
10. Padmashree Desai, Karuna C. Gull, (2011) “Image fusion and change detection in different categories of Images using Principal component analysis approach”. Computech: An International Journal of Computers, Vol. 1, No. 1, January, 2011, pp. 21-29. ISSN: 2229-4589
11. G. Rayana Gouda, Sindhu Menon, Karuna C. Gull, Srinivas Rao, Padmashree Desai, (2009) “Towards building an Intelligent web (Web3.0) with service oriented architecture: the critical combined role of Information Retrieval and Information Extraction” International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Engineering, Vol. 3, No. 2, July-December, 2009, pp. 461-465. ISSN: 0974-432
No National Journals Found.
No. of International Journals Conferences:8
Research Papers presented in International Conferences
1. Karuna Gull, Akshata Angadi, presented a paper on, “A Methodical Study about Behaviour of Different seeds on varying Distance Measures using an Iterative Technique with Evaluation of Cluster validity”, in CSI-2015, 50th Golden Jubilee Annual Convention On Digital Life, at IIC, Dehli, 02 – 05 December, 2015.
2. Karuna Gull, Akshata B. Angadi presented a paper on “Automated Data Analytics in Measuring Brand Sentiment Using ML Technique from Online Conversations - Twitter”, in the third International Conference on Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications (ERCICA-15), at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India, 31 July – 01 August, 2015.
3. Karuna C. Gull, Akshata B. Angadi, Shwetha V. Bhat , Kanchan Miskin presented a paper on “Improving Revenue & Customer Relationship leading successful business environment using Social Media – Facebook as a case study”, in the Second International Conference on Emerging Research in Computing, Information, Communication and Applications (ERCICA-2014), at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, Bangalore, India. 01-02, August, 2014.
4. Karuna Gull, Akshata B. Angadi, Seema C. G, Suvarna G. Kanakaraddi, presented a paper on “A Clustering Technique To Rise Up The Marketing Tactics By Looking Out The Key Users-Taking Facebook as a Case study”, in the 4th IEEE International Advance Computing Conference (IACC’14), at ITM University, Gurgaon, India, 21-22 Feb, 2014
Research Papers published in proceedings of International Conference
1. Jayanand C. Gull, Kalpana V, Karuna C. G, “Relational Interface for Controlled Wheelchair”, in the proceedings of International Conference on Operational Excellence For Global Competitiveness (ICOEGC-2011). Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 3-5 February, 2011, pp 95.
2. Karuna C. Gull, Nagaratna Yaligar, “Secured Android Content Sharing Framework”, in the proceedings of International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology (ICCSIT-2010), Bangalore, Karnataka, India, September 17-18, 2010, pp 13-18.
3. Gull K.C., Mogali, A., "Agent based Assistance System with Ubiquitous Data Mining for road safety" in the proceedings of International Conference on Intelligent Agent & Multi-Agent Systems, (IAMA-2009). 22-24 July 2009, Chennai, India. DOI:10.1109/IAMA.2009.5228058, ISBN: 978-1-4244-4710-7, pp. 1-2.
4. Karuna C. Gull, R. M. Jogdand, “Autonomic System Manager”, in proceedings of International conference on Computer Networks and Security (ICCNS-08), Pune, Maharashtra, India, 27-28 September, 2008, pp. 134-139
No. of National Conferences :8
Research Papers presented in National Conferences
1. Narashima S. Purohit, Meghana Bhat, Akshata B. Angadi, Karuna C. Gull, presented a paper on “Crawling through Web to Extract the Data from Social Networking Site - Twitter”, in National Conference on Parallel Computing Technologies – (PARCOMPUTECH-2015), CDAC in association with National Knowledge Network, IEEE and CSI Bangalore chapter, at Bangalore, 19 - 20 February, 2015.
2. Karuna C. Gull, Akshata B. Angadi, presented a paper on “Systematic Approach using Fuzzy Clustering Technique towards betterment of the marketing proficiency – Facebook”, in the Third National Conference on Advanced Technologies in Electrical and Electronic Systems (ATEES-14), at Gogte College of Engineering, Belgaum, Karnataka, 21-22 March, 2014.
3. Shwetha Bhat, Karuna Gull, Akshata Angadi presented a paper on “Framework for Identifying Influential User in Online Social Networking Site” in the National Conference on Innovative Developments & Emerging research Avenues in Software technologies (IDEAS-13), at Gogte College of Engineering, Belgaum, Karnataka, 11-12 October, 2013.
Papers presented in National Conferences
1. Varshini Kadoli, Chetan Sagarnal, Karuna Gull (2019), presented a paper on “Smart Refrigerator”, in National Conference on Recent Innovations in Emerging Science, Technology & Management (NCRIESTM-2019), at Agnel Institute of Technology and Design, Goa, India,24 - 25 January 2019.
2. Karuna C.Gull, Akshata Angadi, Kiran Malagi, presented a paper on “Situation Awareness using Sensor Stream Mining for Road Safety”, in the 3rd National Conference on Communication Networks and Sensor Technology (NCCNS’13), at Hindustan University Hindustan Institute of Technology and Science, Chennai, India, 11-12 April, 2013.
3. Akshata Angadi, Karuna Gull, Padmashri Desai presented a paper on “Extracting Accurate Data from Multiple Conflicting Information on Web Sources”, in the second National Conference on Emerging and Innovative Trends in Computer Science (NCEITCS-2013), at Vasavi College of Engineering, Hydrabad, Andra Pradesh, 1-2 April, 2013.
4. Karuna C. Gull, presented a paper on “Intelligent Control loop in autonomic Manager of Autonomic Computing System (improved version)”, in the National Conference on Recent Trends in Emerging Technologies-2008, at NMAN Institute of Technology, Nitte, Karnataka, India, 25-26 April, 2008, and won the 2nd prize.
5. Karuna C. Gull, presented a paper on “Intelligent Control loop in autonomic Manager of Autonomic Computing System”, in the National Conference on Computing and Communication (NCCC’08), at Dr. Mahalingam College of Engineering & Technology, Pollachi, Tamil Nadu, India, 8-9 April, 2008
Workshop / Seminars
Conferences / Seminars / Workshops
1. Attended TEQIP 1.3 Sponsored five days Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Computational Methods for Big Data Analytics ” organized by CSE dept., Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU),“Jnana Sangama”, Belagavi. from 06/01/2020 to 10/01/2020.
2. Attended one day skill development programme on “Data Science” organized by CSE in association with CSI, KLEIT, Hubballi, on 16/03/2019.
3. Attended one week faculty development programme on “Data analytics & Applications” organized by MCA, CSE and ISE, KLEIT, Hubballi, from 24/07/2018 to 28/07/2018.
4. Attended the five weeks online workshop on “The Apparel Recommendation Engine” (Online Course), at www.appliedaicourse.com from 29/11/2017 to 08/01/2018.
5. Attended the three day faculty development program on “Research Methodologies”, (Organized under TEQIP) conducted at BVBCET, Hubli., from 13/02/2014 to 15/02/2014.
6. Attended the three day faculty development program on “Research Process, Technical paper writing and Patenting” (sponsored by AICTE, supported by ISRO & DRDO), conducted by R & D Centre, MSEC, Bangalore, from 22/01/2014 to 24/01/2014.
7. Attended the three days workshop on “Research Trends in Data Mining” (sponsored by TEQIP 1.2), conducted by SDM College of Engineering and Technology, Dharwad, from 04/04/2013 to 06/04/2013
Projects and Exhibitions
o Presented by VIII Sem students (Sneha, Vani, Pallavi) a paper on “Progressive Web Application To Monitor Heart Function Using IoT and Machine Learning” in Regional student convention CSI region V on 14th and 15th February 2020, organized by Maharaja Institute of Technology, Mysore, won the second prize and paper published in the Convention proceedings - “Magic of Bits & Bytes – Drives the World”.
o Project titled Progressive Web App to predict Heart Function Monitoring Using IoT and ML by VII-semester students (Sneha, Vani, Abhishek and Pallavi) with mentor(Mrs. Karuna Gull) has been selected for 1st round of “Chhatra Vishwakarma Award 2019”, under a Problem Category “Rural Infrastructure”–A Regional Convention Jointly Organized By AICTE – ECI - ISTE.
o V-semester students (Praveen, Sneha, Vani and Anil ) with mentor (Mrs. Karuna Gull) have participated in “Chhatra Vishwakarma Award 2018”, under a Problem Category “Rural Infrastructure”–A Regional Convention Jointly Organized By AICTE – ECI - ISTE held on 31st October 2018 at Acharya Institute of Technology, Bengaluru
o Project related Paper on “Heart Diseases Classification: A Case study using Machine Learning and data mining” has presented in the National Conference on Innovations and Solution (NCEIS-2018) and paper is published International Journal of Scientific Research in Computer Science, Engineering and Information Technology (IJSRCSEIT) an UGC approved Journal [Journal No:64718] Volume 4, May-June 2018. Pp.265-271. ISSN: 2456-3307. Available: http://www.ijsrcseit.com/CSEIT184651
o Guided a UG Project named Context-based Attitude Scrutiny using Machine learning algorithm has selected for Srishti-2016, State level Project Exhibition and Competition conducted by Akhil Bharathiya Vidyarthi Parishad, at CMR Institute of Technology, Bengaluru, Karnataka on 6th to 8th May 2016.
o Guided a UG Project named Remit Guru has won cash prize of Rs. 25000/- in the Talaash Project Exhibition sponsored by Nano Pixels for the academic year 2013-14.
No Other Activities Details Found.