NSS (National Service Scheme)
- National Service Scheme (NSS) was launched during 1969, the birth centenary year of Mahatma Gandhi, in 37 universities involving 40000 students. NSS is an extension dimension to the higher education system to orient the student youth to community service while they are studying in educational institutions. It is being implemented by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Government of India.
- At SGBIT NSS was Launched during 2008-09.
- NSS shall work for the benefits of the whole society.
- Aimed at developing student's personality through community service.
- Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects upholds the need for self-less service.
- Understand the community in which they work.
- Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
- Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
- Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- Practise national integration and social harmony.
- Plastic free zone.
- Plantation of trees for soil conservation.
- The Program officer is expected to inspire student youth to understand the value of NSS. The overall function of Program officer is to help the students to plan, implement, and evaluate the activities of NSS under his charge and give proper guidance and directions to the student volunteers.
- Identify needs, problems and resources of the community.
- Plan programs and carry out the plan.
- Relate learning experience towards finding solutions to the problem identified. Record the activities in the work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically and effect changes as and when needed.
- Dr.Sidramappa.V.Itti, Principal/Chairman, SGBIT,Belagavi.
- Prof.Rahul R Bannur, NSS Program Officer, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, SGBIT,Belagavi.
- Vinayak Honnungar, Executive member, Assistant Professor, Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering , SGBIT, Belagavi.
- Ramesh Umadi, Executive member, Assistant Professor, Department of Basic Science , SGBIT,Belagavi.
- Shaheen M, Executive member, Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science Engineering , SGBIT, Belagavi.
NSS - List of Events
LIST OF EVENTS CONDUCTED -2019-20(ODD SEMESTER)
|August||17th||Orientation programme for attenders and cleaning staff|
|September||13th||Importance of Voter ID card and Plastic waste management|
|October||2nd||Gandhi Jayanthi And Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan|
|23rd||Plastic free zone awareness program at CS department|
|25th||Plastic free zone awareness program CV department|
|November||27th||Blood donation Camp|
LIST OF EVENTS CONDUCTED -2019-20(EVEN SEMESTER)
|January||26.01.2020||71st Republic Day Celebration|
|February||8.02.2020-15.02.2020||Unnat Bharat Abhiyaan|
|24.02.2020||International Mother Language Day|
|March||1.03.2020-24.03.2020||Swachh SGBIT Abhiyaan|
|May||08.05.2020||Poster Presentation on COVID-19 Awareness|
|20.05.2020||Distribution of Mask and Sanitizer|
|22.05.2020||Webinar on “Personality Development”|
|June||05.06.2020||World Environment Day Plantation of Saplings.|
|05.06.2020||Webinar on “Climate Change Impact & Resposes”|
SGBIT NSS Cell has organised various activities during the year 2019-20.NSS cell has started journey with orientation programme for the cleaning staff by keeping in view of health of cleaning staff.By giving tribute to freedom fighter NSS cell has celebrated Independence day and Sadabavana day in the month of August 2019.Voting is a great festival is to celebrated in India, to give knowelgde of Voting awareness program was arranged through NSS Cell along with awareness of Plastic usage in the campus and off the campus. On occasion of Dr.Shivabasav swamiji birthday celebration Blood donation campus was arranged at SGBIT campus. In the view of Developing India UNNAT BHARAT activities was conducted through NSS cell.As India is suffering because of COVID-19 pandemic COVID awareness program was arranged by NSS cell.NSS cell is highly concentrating on Environmental Issues by keeping this in view on World Environmental day celebration was celebrated by plating the saplings and arranged webinar on Climate change Impacts and Responses.
1. VTU e-learning Resource Center - http://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
2. NPTEL- https://nptel.ac.in/resources.html
3. NPTEL Online Videos, Courses, IIT Video Lectures - http://www.nptelvideos.in/
4. Swayam -Free Online Education - https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
5. MITOPEN COURSEWARE - https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
6. Virtual Labs: An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT - http://www.vlab.co.in/broad-area-electronics-and-communications
7. IIT Bombay Virtual Lab- http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Virtual Lab – https://vlab.amrita.edu/
9. IIT Kanpur- Virtual Labs - https://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php